Saturday 2 April 2016

OUGD501 - Practical - Research - Location of Exhibition

I couldn't decide for a long time where I thought my fantasy exhibition would be most suited in terms of its location. I knew that I wanted it to be held at a very cutting edge, contemporary gallery with a renowned reputation. I also knew that I wanted it to be held in London, as this would maximise the publicity and engagement with the public as London is the arts/cultural capital of the world.

My first choice was the Barbican Gallery, as this is an internationally renowned centre for contemporary visual culture. The building has a range of large and small gallery spaces, which would provide my exhibition with plenty of flexibility in terms of layout and general aesthetic.


Second was the Gagosian Gallery: an equally famous institution, this gallery is known for its shows of contemporary, experimental art. My exhibition would certainly fall into these categories and the gallery space would be ideal for the work that would be on display. 


Third choice was Tate Modern: probably London's most famous modern art gallery. I believe the Tate would be an excellent location to house the works of Neuism and would certainly attract a high number of visitors thanks to its international reputation

No comments:

Post a Comment