Sunday 24 April 2016

OUGD501 - Practical - Final Outcome - Exhibition Branding/Identity Proposal

My practical body of work is centred around branding and identity, an area of visual communication that I am very much interested in and passionate about. This is a part of graphic design practice that I could easily see myself entering into one day, and I have enjoyed producing and experimenting with various aesthetics for COP2. I produce all of the branding and identity for this fictional exhibition titled: "NEUISM: A manifesto for an age of visual stagnancy" - using a range of programmes from the Adobe Suite. I used Illustrator and InDesign the most with a lot of support from Photoshop.

As all of the work I produced is digital, I thought it would be appropriate to mock up all of the collateral to a very professional, premium standard, using the best template and free mockup artwork that I could get my hands on. Mocks up are great as they save on materials including ink and paper and money. In commercial contexts, mock-ups are efficient and celebrated as great ways of developing a conceptual idea from start to realisation. They are invaluable tools, because they mean you can assess and critique a piece of work before sending it to print on a commercial scale, which is what would happen if this were to be a real life exhibition branding project.

Once I had finalised all of the designs for the branding/identity, I compiled all of the work into a formal presentation which would be used to pitch the entire concept of the exhibition to the prospecting art galleries board of directors etc. I decided to make the presentation because I needed a formal context to present all of the work that I had created for COP. In a real world context, presentations like these would most like be delivered or sent to an art gallery months before the exhibition would get the go ahead, therefore I tried to make it as authentic as I could.

Below are a selection of key slides from the presentation:
















No comments:

Post a Comment