Wednesday 2 November 2016

OUGD601 - First Tutorial

Today I had my first COP 3 tutorial with Ben which was very productive.

We discussed my research theme and the overall structure of my dissertation and he gave me numerous recommendations of useful sources to explore and some good food for thought.

Two of the most important books are 'All Possible Futures', John Sueda and 'Can Jokes Bring Down Governments' by Metahaven. Both publications are inquires into contemporary issues within graphic design, touching on issues related to modernism, postmodernism and the current condition that graphic design currently resides in.

I definitely think 'All Possible Futures' will prove most useful as its main stance is on speculative and critical design practice, an area in which I now intend to explore in depth in my dissertation.

I feel that we used the first tutorial productively and I am certainly feeling a lot more confident and excited to begin writing my dissertation.


No comments:

Post a Comment