Monday 7 March 2016

OUGD501 - Study Task 08 - Evaluating Practical Work

What were your initial aims?

My initial aims were too get people thinking about the current state of visual currency, encouraging us to get questioning and really interrogating our visual surroundings and thinking past pure aesthetics.

What processes / strategies have you used and why?

I have kept everything digital so far mainly for ease and efficiency. I have been working across the Adobe Suite. My practical work isn’t concerned with analogue production techniques, although it may be fun to experiment with screen printing but it is kind of irrelevant at this stage. My practical work is all about being contemporary but in a sustainable way in terms of pastiche, parody ect. It actually promotes working digitally, so that is why I am using these processes/strategies

What literature have you read that informs this work?

Very little, all of the literature I read for the essay was very theoretical and philosophical and nothing to do with branding and identity. I will need to look for some texts concerning these issues

Is the work effective (in terms of your aims)? In what ways

So far, no. I need to develop a more defined concept, I am going to ask for feedback from my peers and conduct some further primary research to help me establish a more effective design resolution

How do you know it is effective (testing)?

I will know through informal and formal feedback soon (crits)

Does it communicate what it should do (in what ways)?

It’s getting there. The tone of voice and aesthetic needs tweaking to make it much more effective.

What are the successful elements and why?

Typeface, colour and composition. People said that my design treatment so far communicates conceptual messages, but it needs developing and refining

What areas need improving or developing further and why?

Mainly the tone of voice and language used. Once the poster designs are completed, I can begin working on wider collateral and making larger considerations. Once I have a concept that I am satisfied with I will be able to apply it to a range of products, and will be able to think about their range and distribution more clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment