Monday 30 November 2015

OUGD501 - Study Task 06 - Primary Research

For my practical work, I am going to be creating branding/identity for a fictional exhibition which would be held at a prestigious London art gallery. I am not creating a product as such, more of an aesthetic that can be identified and recognised easily and linked with the content of the show. Therefore, primary research will be very limited, if I decide to undertake any in the first place.

Primary research that I could undertake could include:


  • Surveys
  • Questionnaires
  • Formal/Informal critique sessions
  • Exhibition practices


If I were to conduct surveys or questionnaires, the main intention would be to ask people what they want to see or value the most in exhibition branding/identity, because at the end of the day, everything I am designing must be relevant and appeal to the masses. I could do a mix of written and visual surveys to test my designs as they come along, this would be more feedback and critique rather than primary research, but none the less, it would be valuable and beneficial to the project.

At this stage in the development of the work, I don't really see the need to undertake any research of this nature, because I am still generating ideas and concepts. When I start designing, I may consider running a few surveys to make sure my work is striking an appropriate tone of voice and is considering the product, range and its distribution thoroughly.


No comments:

Post a Comment