Sunday 3 May 2015

OUGD401 - Everywhere I Look

After doing the majority of research for my written part of this brief, I began to look around me and notice that all around me, contemporary graphic is directly influenced by post-modern shifts in culture. I look to today's graphic design, and notice visual queues that have obviously been subconsciously soaked into the creative minds of many across the world.

ARTIFACTS

Yale thesis book

The New Public Space silkscreens

D/I/M/E/N/S/I/O/N

Beholder





Stick Tape

Urban Outfitters Reader

TYPOGRAPHY 1.0



Manifest as a format

Type Plus is a new title and a special exhibition showcasing a wide array of impeccable works created by best-known design practitioners from around the world. Bound together in a 320-page publication is a comprehensive overview of top quality design works produced using a combination of typography and graphic elements as means to increase design effectiveness and visual impact.
With its cover emblazoned nicely with silver type – cleverly designed by Spin – the book not only displays contemporary design artworks but it also takes an insightful look at all kinds of typographic expression and includes exclusives interviews with Non-Format, TwoPoints.net and Erik Brandt. The accompanying exhibition will also provide the foundation to understand the relationship between type and image which is represented by posters selected by Type Plus contributors.
















No comments:

Post a Comment